Human nature dictates the desire to improve your personal appearance.
In most societies today, height is considered to be an imperative aspect when it comes to the impression we give to our surroundings.
So, are we totally controlled by our genes and need to accept the height that nature has provided us with, or are there ways to grow taller than we currently are?
When it comes to the way we look, there are simple things you can do such as changing your hairstyle, or purchasing a new wardrobe.
That being said the changes that make the most impact are far more difficult.
- There is not a magic pill that you can take in order to lose weight, or to have a sculpted body.
- It takes hard work, and the desire to make a positive change.
Much like getting your body into great shape there are ways to grow taller.
Adults that feel as if they are on the shorter end of the spectrum do have hope of gaining a few vertical inches.
Although that statement may sound too good to be true, it absolutely is.
Of course the ways to grow taller after puberty typically take an effort. The harder you work at it the better the results will be.
- Take athletes for example. They spend countless hours in the gym, on the court, in the field or on the ice practicing over and over again in order to perfect their art.
Remember the old saying practice makes perfect, well if it works for the athletes it can work for you too.
If you stick to the following programs your chances of gaining the height that you have always desired will improve dramatically.
So without further ado, here are 3 proven ways to grow taller.
1: Stretch, stretch, and stretch some more
Exercises that are based on stretching the body are one of the best ways to grow taller due to the fact that they help strengthen and straighten the backbone.
- When this occurs you will literally stand up taller and gain a few inches.
The following exercises incorporate stretches to grow taller.
A: Swimming requires a plethora of reaching and stretching, which will increase your height on a gradual basis.
In order for this exercise to take full effect you should plan on being in the water for long periods of time, typically two hours per day should do the trick.
B: Hanging exercises are also a great way to gain height. Simply hang down from an exercise bar and allow your body to stretch out.
For an even better stretch, hang and then lift your legs up so they are parallel to the ceiling.
- Perform these stretching exercises for several repetitions and do them a minimum of 2-3 times per week.
C: Remember being a kid in gym class and your teacher would have you bend down and touch your toes.
- It turns out they had the right idea; it is a great exercises that helps to increase height.
If you cannot touch your toes at first, do not fret. Simply stretch down as far as you can. Hold the stretch for a few seconds at a time.
2: Get sufficient sleep
The proper amount of sleep is crucial for your body to work properly generally speaking.
- This certainly holds true when it comes to gaining height as an adult.
When humans sleep our brains release Human Growth Hormone during the deep sleep cycle.
Of course Human Growth Hormone is exactly as it sounds, an agent that promotes bodily growth, including height.
If you are not getting sufficient amounts of sleep on a daily or nightly basis it results in far lower levels of this essential hormone contained within our bodies.
- In addition, our bodies both grow and regenerate tissue during periods of sleep. Adults should average anywhere from 6-8 hours of sleep per day/night.
There are multiple things to do if you are not averaging enough sleep. Start by managing your schedule properly so that you actually have enough hours left over to sleep for those 6-8 hours.
- You should also make sure to eliminate bright lights and noises, as they tend to interfere with sleep.
Last but certainly not least, avoid caffeine before bed.
3: Additional methods to gain height
There are more ways to grow taller faster. Some of the methods are quite simple while others are let us just say, a little more complicated.
A: Vitamin D is a good way to grow in height. It is actually a necessary nutrient that helps the body grow.
If you are not getting enough in your daily diet, Vitamin D supplements are available in many stores.
- In addition the Sun is an excellent source of Vitamin D.
B: Believe it or not, breathing is another way to grow taller faster. The sufficient amount of oxygen in the body actually stimulates growth.
- In order to have it work effectively, take deep breaths and hold them in your lungs for 5-6 seconds at a time.
- Slowly release the air. If you perform this task for a few minutes each day you are sure to notice the results.
C: Human Growth Hormone supplements are a quick method of gaining height. It is helps stimulate the pituitary gland, which release the hormone naturally.
Since levels of Human Growth Hormone tend to peak in both males and females during our early 20’s so supplements certainly help.
- It must be noted that a doctor should prescribe any Human Growth Hormone supplement.
D: Leg lengthening surgery is by far the fastest way to grow taller, however it requires an incredibly long recovery period.
If you really want to take part in it then plan on spending a long time in the hospital and at home recuperating.
Leg lengthening surgery should only be considered as a last resort.
Tall people actually have advantages that shorter people do not.
The obvious ones are the ability to slam-dunk a basketball, reach things high up on a shelf, and be noticed in a crowd to name just a few.
That being said, tall people typically are more successful in life. They tend to do better in business and personal relationships.
Perhaps this is because they are generally more confident by nature. The good news for vertically challenged adults is that you can grow taller.
It just takes a lot of hard work and dedication in order to achieve that dream.