Growing taller is a dream for many people who, for some reasons, didn’t manage to reach the average human height.
It is very frustrating to remain down there, hence the need to find a solution to growing taller. It is also for this reason that products selling under this niche are a hot cake.
- Needless to say, most of them never work. At best, they could be labeled ‘scams’.
Thankfully, you can still leverage on stretching exercises to increase height at 20.
And the best thing is that you can practice these exercises without going to the gym or paying anything.
- They’re free to utilize in order to grow your height a few extra inches.
Let’s get started:
1 Kicking Exercises To Increase Height
High kicks look fancy because they are associated with martial arts.
But they can be dynamic in their function as well.
- Not only is kicking meant to immobilize an opponent, but it is also designed to make you grow stronger and flexible.
In this context, we are talking of kicks and how they can help grow your height.
- A kick is basically a stretch on the leg muscles. It follows the same path that a combative kick follows, although it utilizes different physics to address its intent.
Unlike a combative kick which is highly controlled, this type of kicking is meant to swing from the hip using the foot as an acting pendulum. The aim is to stretch beyond the normal flexibility range.
In other words, if you’re doing it for the purpose of increasing your height, it should bring some discomfort but not to the point where you’re feeling pain.
Stretch kicks are best executed when working out smaller hip and lower abdomen muscles. In fact, any workout that concentrates on the lower abdominal muscles, including crunches or even side crunches will help increase your height.
- Start slow and advance in your stretch kicks thereafter.
2 Yoga exercises to increase height
If you’re looking for stretching exercises to increase height, you can never omit these exercises. Yoga exercises increase height significantly, and that’s something which has been proven scientifically.
So far, there are different kinds of simple Yoga exercises at your convenience which will work wonders on your height.
Also, Yoga has been shown to increase height through different levels. It increases suppleness in your spine as your body grows through different range of motions using controlled breathing.
- Through controlled breathing, you will be able to release stress that tenses your back muscles, and this removes all possible obstacles that prevent growing taller.
It is for this reason that all exercises which allow your spine to grow upright are able to make you taller.
A good example is the Surya Namaskar exercise which has been practiced for centuries. This phrase is translated as Sun Salutation.
It consists of 12 very powerful Yoga poses packed into one set.
- To do it, you need to stand with your feet together, and then join the palm of your two hands on your chest. The second step is to inhale and then stretch your two arms above your head.
- While in that position, arch your back muscles and gently stretch your body.
- Finally, exhale while bending your body forward and ensuring your spine is kept in a straight position.
Meanwhile, legs should be at a perpendicular position in relation to the ground.
- You should touch the ground with your fingers while knees are slightly bent.
3 Forward spine stretch
This is a simple stretching exercise which targets the spine and is done while seated upright.
- To do it, you need to find a mat and sit on it with both legs spread shoulder width apart.
- With both arms above your head, you can inhale and extend both arms with your head in front of you.
This is an attempt to bend forward and touch the tip of your toes. Meanwhile, your shoulders should stay relaxed.
You can repeat this exercise 3 or 4 times a session. Hold your stretch for 10 to 15 seconds and you’ll be good to go.
4 Cobra stretch
This is yet another form of Yoga exercise aimed at increasing your vertical height.
You should aim to do at least 3 repetitions with each stretch lasting for 30 seconds.
- Basically, you need to kneel down and touch the floor with the palm of your hands.
- While in that position, lift the other leg off the ground in an upright position to stretch it.
- The more you stretch and hold, the better it will work your vertical height.
5 Ankle weights
This stretching exercise can be used to increase the vertical height of your lower body since it targets the cartilage between the knees.
By adding more mass to this cartilage, you’ll be able to increase your height significantly.
- To do it, you need to sit on a high chair with weights on your ankle. Of course you’ll need an ankle weight fastener to do this safely.
- Use smaller weights in the beginning and then advance with heavy weights.
- The pressure of the weights should allow your legs to stretch far downwards.
- Once you’re done, remove the weights, and relax your legs by gently kicking 10 times followed by another vigorous kicking – approximately 10 times.
The aim is to work out your knee cartilage and allow it to advance in length. To realize optimal results, you can perform this exercise 3 times a week.
Can stretching exercises increase height? Of course yes. But you need to understand that consistency is the key to getting good results.
- Your body needs to boost its Human Growth Hormones for the development of its long bones. This hormone is produced by the Pituitary Gland so that your bones and cartilage can grow.
Utilizing exercises to increase your height is something you can achieve best when you boost HGH levels.
Yet again, the most effective and natural way to increase its production is by taking advantage of the exercises mentioned above.
It should also be noted that these exercises are scientifically proven to increase your height even after puberty, so all people can practice them to get the results they crave for.
Go here now if you’d like to check out a complete blueprint for increasing your height quickly and safely.