Sometimes, people with short heights face psychological problems such as introvert nature, inferiority complex, as well as little confidence among others.
- These reasons increase people’s urge to enhance height.
Lets take a look at what you can do.
Can you stretch your spine to grow taller? Yes, to gain height, professionals recommend stretching exercises because they assist in lengthening the spine.
- Besides, it also increases one’s body flexibility, improves body posture and overall physical appearance.
Different Spine Stretching Exercises To Grow Taller
This is considered the most effective stretching exercise to increase height since it expands the joints and spine.
Sleeping extends the spine, but gravity compresses it. Hanging allows you to maintain the extended spine, so it does not compress during the working hours.
- Make sure your shoulders are apart during this exercise. Take a five-minute hanging routine every day. Spend ten to fifteen seconds for each repetition.
2. Hip Flexor Stretch
- With this kind of stretch one can be able to release the pressure on the abdominal muscles and lower back.
First, with hands on the hips, bend the knees. The knees should be in a straight line. Place one foot ahead and push the hips forward.
Pose backward while tilting the head. Repeat the exercise with the other foot.
3. Touch The Toes
Begin each day by stretching your back with toe-touching. It warms up the muscles, strengthens the back and improves the spine.
- This exercise requires one to straighten the arms above the head and without bending the knees, bend over and touch the toes.
4. Pelvic Shift
- This exercise is easy and efficient. It targets the lower spine and hips region.
First, lie on the back with the hands holding the ankles. Lift the pelvis and the back and hold the position for at least twenty seconds.
5. Pilates Stretch
- Doing Pilates increases not only flexibility and strength but also improves body posture.
The exercise requires one to lie on the back and spread the arms. Join the legs together and extend them straight. Bend the legs to touch the ground.
Svimming stretches the arms, back, and legs allowing one to look taller. It reduces pressure on the joints, therefore, increasing flexibility.
7. Yoga Stretching And Height Gain
Yoga exercises help grow taller on different levels.
It helps the spine to increase as the body goes through a range of motions and controlled breathing.
- The breathing relaxes the muscles, hence removing all possible growth hindrances. The exercises allow the spine to become upright.
The Cobra Stretch
Cobra stretch is one of the Yoga stretching exercise. It helps one to grow taller since it lengthens and relaxes the chest, lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
- First, lay on the chest with hands at either side. Push down on the hands and lift the chest up.
- Lastly, tilt the head back. For an active exercise, use the abdominal muscles as much as possible.
Height Gain After Puberty
- It is evident that puberty and height correspond to each other. It is noticeable that other teenagers grow taller even after leaving puberty.
The velocity and timing of the body growth highly depend on gender, nutrition, and growth plates of one’s body.
Regardless of age, nutritionists and medical professionals, have proven that through exercising one can gain an inch or two.
Stretching helps the body to release the growth hormone that is responsible for increasing height.
Stretches to grow taller after puberty include;
- Begin with light weights then gradually add the weights. These weights pull the leg downwards, therefore, increasing the height.
Cycling; pedaling a bicycle helps one to grow successfully taller. Riding a cycle with the vertical posture helps increase the height.
- Adjust the seat to a higher notch; this will make the legs stretch for the pedals.
Other stretches to grow taller include cobra stretch, vertical hanging, Pilates stretch among others.
We’ve seen that spine stretch exercises that help grow taller should be an integral part of everyday life.
- To avoid injury, perform the stretches correctly.
A healthy diet is also essential to add some inches during and after puberty.
For retaining height gained after stretching, it is important to reach and watch the postures daily.
Start observing and taking action on the above practices to increase height and enjoy a healthy life.