Can height increase after puberty? The short and sweet answer is yes, it most certainly can!
- Many people wonder whether it is possible for a person to gain height after reaching puberty.
- There is this myth in almost all societies that one stops growing after puberty.
If you are in need of adjusting your height, stop worrying because there is so much useful information on how to gain height.
- Besides, this is not a “quick fix” process, and one needs to commit time and energy to get these results.
Given that, the information below touches on height increase after puberty and the relationship between height and genetic factors.
It also has some of the best foods to consume for height increase, and essential exercises to help you grow in height.
Height Increases After Puberty
Puberty is a critical stage in a human being as it is the phase where there is the most rapid growth. However, the results are not easily attained, but you need to take enough nutrients and do lots of exercises.
Can You Get Taller After Puberty?
After this stage of life, the body lowers hormones production which in turn affect your height. At this juncture, the bones become weak especially when you have a poor diet and fail to do some exercises or stay physically active.
- If you follow the right techniques and eat the proper nutrients, do not be shocked to see some increase in height after puberty after less than two months.
It is also possible to add up to six inches after puberty if you take these exercises and diets seriously for a couple of months.
- It is, however, advisable to stay away from pills and put all your effort on diet and exercises. Doing this keeps you away from health problems as you get positive results regarding your height.
What is the Relationship between Height and Genetic Factors?
Genetic factors are not the primary determinants of a person’s height. It also depends on environmental factors, which are the best ways to increase height.
- The current generation has high height as opposed to the previous one. Modern generation takes more nutritious diets than the earlier ones.
- It is also not shocking to come across twins who have varying heights, especially if they grew in different environments.
Chances are, the one who was raised in a favourable environment with enough nutritious food is taller than the other. This shows how the environment affects your height.
Best Foods to Eat To Increase Your Height
If you want to gain some height, you need to take foods rich in energy and nutrients.
These are as follows:
- Protein and amino acids
Energy and nutrients play a vital role in increasing the length of bones and strengthening them.
By taking the right diet, you do not have to worry anymore about how to gain 2 inches in height after puberty.
There is a difference between the growth in a person who gets enough nutritious food and the one who does not feed well.
Essential Exercises to Increase Your Height
1. Pilates Roll Over
The training is vital in stretching the spine thus enlarging the upper body in length. Besides, it is an ideal way to elongate the neck’s vertebrae.
To perform this exercise, lie on your back and spread your arms and palms. Bring your legs together before expanding them straight up. Bend your legs in a way that they touch the floor.
- The exercise is not that easy to perform, but when you do it for some time, it becomes quite beneficial.
In addition to being able to reach your destination faster by bike, cycling also plays a significant role in height increment.
Make a decision to save those coins and consider cycling in the morning and evening.
You will discover that after seven weeks not only will you have gained the best body circulation, but also a considerable increase in height.
- Most importantly, these results are mainly attained by riding the bicycle in a proper posture. You need to adjust the cycle seat a little bit higher so that you can stretch out your legs for the pedals.
3. Vertical Hanging
The exercise makes your spine flexible, which in turn strengthens it. Just like most exercises, you can do this from the comfort of your home as you only need a solid bar that is strong enough to hold a person.
- Fix the bar at a height and ensure there is sufficient space of about eight inches between your feet and the floor. Hang on the bar and remain there for a few minutes or for as long as you can handle the strain.
- While hanging, try to touch the floor as you swing forth and back. Try this on a daily basis and watch the positive results after eight weeks.
4. Ankle Weights
Of all exercises, this is one of the best ones to increase your height. It is mainly performed to enlarge the lower body, which makes it quite different from the others.
- Anyone can go through this exercise as it only involves the stretching of the cartilage between the knees.
The activity has a positive impact on the cartilage and mass as it increases them.
As a result, there is growth in the lower body. With the aid of an ankle fastener, you can add weight to the ankle.
- However, it is advisable to start with light weights and increase them gradually. The weights stretch your legs down, and this results in height gain.
5. Cobra Stretch
It is among some of the yoga practices that allow you to stretch your spine to make it lithe and limber.
- The exercise makes it easier for the growth of cartilage between the vertebrae causing you to gain some height.
Where To Go From Here
Always put in mind that height increase after puberty is not an easy task. It requires a lot of commitment and sacrifice.
Hope you have done away with the myth that one stops growing after puberty and that height is only related to genetic factors.
Going for the best diet and incorporating the above essential exercises are the best ways to grow taller after puberty.