We could all benefit immensely from stretching. From the fact that it helps alleviate muscle pain and provide relief to tired body parts, it’s a great overall workout regimen.
- Well it’s one of the many fitness routines that experts have over time concluded could help add a few inches to stout fellows.
So the question on everyone minds is, can stretching make you taller?
The Science of Growing Tall
Well, the science of the Human anatomy suggests that bones can’t grow taller after growth plates are closed.
And since there is no room for them to grow, bones will remain at this same stage for the rest of your life.
- This often happens at the ages between 19 years to 27 years of age. And despite the question; can stretching help you get taller after puberty, this marked age gap could offer a simple direct answer.
It’s good to note that immediately you come to the end of puberty, your ability to change aspects of your anatomy such as height are reasonably hard as you advance in age.
- The vertebrae column is essential is determining height.
Most short people have 1-3 inches off their normal height due to the poor posture and back related issues that immensely put pressure on their back and in retrospect compress there spinal column.
- Stretching reasonably gives the vertebral disc more room to absorb nutrients and helps it decompress.
Especially stretching exercises in relation to yoga, swimming, proper dieting and hanging upside down have been found to be very useful.
And these sound science should help you avoid unorthodox quack posing as orthopaedics or fitness experts who claim they could help you out.
- Especially in the case they recommend pills, supplements, special diets, surgery or extremes fitness exercise.
Experts in the field have claimed with certainty that most of these quick fix therapies don’t work and at times put you at risk of developing complications to your health.
Stretching as a means to get taller
Here are three simple stretches that could make you taller.
1.Touching your toes
Every morning after you wake up or before you get into bed in the evening, touching your toes could help you with those missing inches.
Its help you with your posture, helps you stretch out your tightened muscles and warms you up.
- It reasonably helps people immediately alleviate back pain and height impairment due to poor posture.
2. A bridge stretch
Has been found to be helpful in improving flexibility on your back. It involves lying on your back and reaching your hand to grab your ankle and finished off by raising your torso up from your hips to stretch out your back.
3. Hip flexor stretch
- Helpful to release pressure around your abdominal muscle and back, and very useful before you go to bed.
It involves bending your knees with hands in your hips, placing your knee in a straight line, then reaching out one of your foot and laying it on the flat ground.
This is followed by pushing your hips forwards, leaning back a bit and tilting your head up to the ceiling.
- After this your set your foot and repeat the exercise with the other.
What Else Can You Do?
One question that most people ask is can yoga make you taller?
And the answer is always yes. Since Simple Mountain poses to complex Yoga poses are very critical in aligning and stretching out your spine.
- Because one of the fudamental basics of getting taller is posture characteristic. Poor posture contributes greatly too height disadvantage.
Also fitness junkies ask can running make you taller?
- The intensity that running has on overall body function is very imperative to height development.
Running enhances breathing efficiency, muscle development, flexibility, posture development, development of normal blood pressure. I addition, it helps your bone density immensely.
- Running has been found to add over 2 inches in height.
The one aspect of whether; can stretching make you grow taller, involves proper dietary practise.
It’s imperative that you provide your muscles, bones and tendons with the right nutrients that will help with their growth and development.
From vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, protein, healthy fats, could help you out. And as you perform stretches keeping your energy up is essential too.
- Drinking lots of water also helps in proper growth and development.
- Getting enough sleep helps also. Sleep therapist have found an actual correlation between poor posture and bad flexibility and bad sleeping patterns.
If people take care of themselves and understand Rome wasn’t built in a day, they could then take up natural, tedious but worthwhile stretching exercises to get taller.
It has not only strong scientific merits. It’s also good for your overall health and your bodily functions.
However, there is such a thing as overdoing it, so everything with moderation.
In case you’re interested in a complete, easy to follow step-by-step system to increase your height, go ahead and visit this site now.