Many people desire to be tall. Unfortunately, not everyone is lucky enough to hit 6ft height during puberty.
- It is true that most people stop growing at a certain age.
However, there are certain techniques which can enhance height even at a later age. As a matter of fact, you can actually grow inches just by working out in a specific way.
Here we explore the best of the height increase exercises.
1. Bar hanging
- This is a simple exercise that even a fitness newbie can easily perform.
It is suggested that gravity affects our height. It does this by compressing our spines when we are in the upright position.
In other words, if you don’t spend the whole day lying in bed, it is possible that gravity is impacting your spine and joints.
- This also explains why some people seem to get a little shorter when they reach an older age.
Therefore, if we can reverse this process and combat gravity, it is likely to help with growing a few extra inches.
Find something you can hang from, or simply visit the gym, and try bar hanging for at least 15 seconds. Repeat the process 5 to 10 times.
- Increase the hanging time when you feel able to do it
- For maximized results, it’s a good idea to use the ankle weight.
Bar hanging can help extend your vertebral column with time. This makes it one of the best height increase exercises to perform.
If you are trying to increase your height, swimming should be one of your go-to routines.
- Swimming stretches and elongates your muscles and is greatly beneficial in many other ways.
Now you may be asking, “Can stretching exercises increase height?”
And the answer is yes, they sure increase the chance of you growing taller.
The reason is that this type of exercising stretches your spinal chord, and makes it stronger, which is also helpful in growing tall.
Swimming is the best way to stretch your whole body. When you are swimming, you are using every single muscle group, which makes it a very effective stretch exercise.
- Your torso is especially involved in the process, which is what you want when trying to grow taller.
When performed at least a few times a week, swimming can help greatly with increasing height.
3. Leg kicks
If you always wanted to try kickboxing, now is a good time. As a matter of fact, you can actually use kicking exercises to increase height.
- Doing leg kicks often is an effective way to add an inch to your height.
- Performing a kicking movement extends your leg muscles, because of the power you apply to this exercise.
Although you probably don’t associate kicking with stretching exercise, this is exactly what it does to your muscles.
Your torso is also targeted as you use it for balance.
You can try this in the gym with a boxing bag if you want, but simply kicking the air at home works fine for stretching many muscles in your legs.
- Do at least 15-20 short kicks with one leg, and then switch. Repeat this 3 times.
A great bonus benefit of doing kicking exercises to increase your height is that it’s also fun, and you won’t be scared walking home late at night.
4. Cobra Stretch
This pose is one of the best height increase stretches you can do.
The Cobra Stretch is one of the exercises used in yoga, and can be a useful tool for height enhancing.
- You can effectively stretch your spine with the Cobra Stretch.
- This is a great solution for those who don’t like working out, as it is extremely easy and simple to perform.
Lying on the floor with your face down, place your palms under your shoulders. Then slowly arch your back toward the ceiling using your hand to support the upper body.
- Hold the pose for as long as it’s comfortable.
This completely stretches your back and spine. Add cobra stretch to your grow taller exercises list, and it may help you gain some height.
Let’s do a quick summary
Hopefully, this list inspires you to take action and try these exercises. Being tall is something everyone wants, and with the right tools, it is actually possible.
The most important part is putting in the effort. It does require some time and you may have to sweat a lot to achieve it, but ultimately you can grow taller even if you’re not a teenager anymore.
- By lengthening your muscles and stretching your body you facilitate the best conditions for growing.
Use these height increase exercises as often as you can, and you may see some positive results soon.